Again like my patterns, there were some small changes that were needed to make my card designs the best that they could be.
The initial designs I did were similar to these, I took these and made small changes, like with the left one here I swapped the colours of the string and the border which I think has helped it to look less christmassy. I also increased the size of the letters too. The second design here I removed the dragonflies and added more leaves around it which I think helped again to draw attention to the lettering and frame it nicely.
These are first drafts of cards, I can see there is something wrong with the first image, the lettering does not look right on the green background, I also tried it in black, white, pink and yellow, and nothing looked right, so I think an imporvement would be to have a white box underneath it too. I like the use of the pattern on the front as it is one of the prettier ones and quite bold and graphic, so I think this could work well with a few of the patterns. The bug repeat is interesting and I think makes for an interesting card design, I think the repeat is good where its hard to see the repeat and the colourful design works. I think a break in the bugs does look better that a square on the top but this could be something to try, it is hard to get an even hole too because the bugs repeat in a way that means they do not end at the same point.
The next design I think is quite interesting because it takes a part of a pattern and uses it kind of as its own motif on the card, which goes well with the water lily motifs as well. I think the placement of the lettering is good too and it does look better on the white background, I think the first card would be improved with this too.
Overall I think the cards are going well, I think I could swap out the patterns and motifs on them for others too which could make quite a large and versatile range of cards that are attractive to the eye.