I wanted to include some progress on my presspack, I think I will add it on a word document too as I do not want to post my address and mobile number online. The main thing I have done is write up some content within the presspack and produce a mockup of what it would look like complete with a folder and everything.
This mockup shows how I would like to have my presspack, the little pocket below my little welcome paragraph would be great for some little business card sized prints or a memory stick with images on them. The presspack includes the creative CV, personal statement and postcard, with my business card in the front too.
These show the business card and the postcard, I kept to the colour scheme and I think it works well. The postcard acts as a template too which could quite easily be swapped out and patterns changed depending on what collection I wanted to promote at that point. The business card I did have a little trouble designing, but a tutorial towards the start of my journey with Suzanna helped me to understand to keep things simple, and I do think these are far more effective than my previous designs.
I decided to get on and create the lookbook, and thought about some key decisions throughout which I will demonstrate below.
So I worked on the first few pages of my lookbook which I think was vital to get my branding into it, which is why I put my logo and my brand colours and pattern on the front cover. The green and pink foliage design is one that I use for headers on my professional websites, and on my business cards and other promotional material too. I also wanted to start adding some of my theme into it, so the dormouse header I think works well here, still keeping with the branding colours. I chose a blender design behind the collection statement, as it is a subtle way to introduce the collection as it begins.
The above is an example of a page each from the dormouse, hare and red squirrel collection, I used some coloured boxes on the pages to separate the collections from each other a little using one of their key colours. This helps to identify the secondary and blenders with their hero page I think. I considered whether to lay it out with the heros all together, then all the secondaries, then blenders, but I think the way I decided, showing each animal collection one after each other works well and I think it better shows the relationship between the heroes and the coordinating patterns, but still allows me to show some colourways that work across the whole collection, such as the dots blenders.
I like the use of the boxes, I think the plain white may have been too plain, so I think they do add something extra to the page without crowding it too much, and frames the patterns better too.
Overall, I am pleased with how my lookbook is going, once completed I plan to send it out to a few of my textiles friends, and some friends and family outside of the industry to get some feedback and opinions about it which I think is important for readability and professionalism, as well as meeting the marking criteria.