My mini fabric collection was based from the dragonfly designs I created from the hero, originally I created a ladybird design for the giftbag, a dragonfly giftwrap and a beetle giftwrap which I put together as the collection. Some feedback from this was that if each design was put together as wrapped gifts in the giftbag, the designs may clash and look too busy. So I took each of my hero designs, and created a family of patterns from each one. The ladybird ones I used to create the paper collection, and I used the dragonfly ones for the fabric ones. The beetle ones have not been used for anything final, but I still like the patterns I created for that, and thought that I could take a selection of patterns across the three families for the final paper collection, but they did end up being quite different families so I do not think they would have worked so well like this.
I originally tried this mock up, showing the makeup pouch, with some reuseable make up remover pads, and this travel wrap. I like the hero on the pouch, I think this works well with the scale of it and the contrast of the white background with the black zip. The wrap too I think is bold with the yellow background, this works well and will have a blender on the inside to keep it more refined. The pads however I thought it might be a good idea to put three different colourways of the lily blender, but I do not think this worked as well as I wanted to, I think it creates too much colour across the board, and without the other secondary I created that focuses more on the pink, it just stands out too much here.
I refined the pads in the collection by using the plainer yellow blender with the trails pattern, I think this is more simple but it does go better with the colour scheme and the purpose maybe too, white may not be the best colour for a pad that could be stained with makeup constantly, a brighter one might hide that effect a little. I also show designs here for the inside of the travel wrap, as shown it has different compartments for various things you would need, and shows the blender on the inside and the secondary design on the outside. For this, I could adapt it to a more waterproof fabric that could be better for carrying shower essentials too.
I created this flat mock up design like I did with the final collection too, this shows all the elements of the fabric collection, including what colour the inside of the make up pouch would be. I do think seeing it like this does show that they go together quite well, much better than with the lily designs I tried before.
Finally I then put the four patterns I used in this collection together to show them flat on a board, I think they work together well with the use of the yellow and green being particularly dominant.